367 people were referred to Public Prosecution by the Ministry of Interior for violation of COVID-19 guidelines.
- 296 for not wearing a masks
- 48 for gathering in closed places
- 19 for not maintaining a safe physical distance
- 2 for violating the 4-person limit in a vehicle (unless living in the same household)
- 2 for not downloading the Ehteraz app
Public Prosecution has been strict regarding COVID-19 safety regulations over the past few months. Law No. 17 of 1990, people who do not wear masks in the event of an infectious disease may face up to three years in prison and/or pay QR 200,000 fine.