719 people were referred to Public Prosecution by the Ministry of Interior for violation of COVID-19 guidelines.
- 542 for not wearing a masks
- 132 for gathering in parks and Corniche
- 20 for gathering in closed places
- 10 for not downloading the Ehteraz app
- 10 for not maintaining a safe physical distance
- 5 for violating the 4-person limit in a vehicle (unless living in the same household)
Public Prosecution has been strict regarding COVID-19 safety regulations over the past few months. Law No. 17 of 1990, people who do not wear masks in the event of an infectious disease may face up to three years in prison and/or pay QR 200,000 fine.