The Cabinet, chaired by HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, decided during the regular meeting held yesterday via videoconferencing, to go through with implementing the second phase of the four-phase plan of the gradual lifting of the restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Phase 2 restrictions:
- Indoor: 10 vaccinated people maximum or maximum of 5 mixed people. Outdoor: 20 vaccinated people or a maximum of 10 mixed people.
- Up to 10 people or family members residing in the same house are allowed to gather at parks, beaches, and the corniche.
- Private beaches to operate at 40% capacity.
- Weddings are allowed at hotels and wedding venues for up to 40 people, of which at least 75% must be vaccinated.
- Continuation of daily and Friday prayers. No children under 7 years old allowed.
- 30% of the capacity in all public transport, work resume on Friday and Saturday. Close smoking areas.
- Opening driving schools with a capacity of 30%, staff must be vaccinated.
- A maximum of 10 people are allowed to use personal boats (4 unvaccinated among them are allowed). All boat workers must be vaccinated.
3. Outdoors and professional sports
- Allowing preparatory training for local and international tournaments approved by the Ministry of Public Health.
- Holding local and international sporting events and allowing 30% of the spectators, who are vaccinated. maximum of 20% of vaccinated spectators are allowed in closed spaces.
- Allow outdoor and indoor professional training for amateur training. 20 vaccinated people for open areas and 10 for closed areas.
- The blended education system for all public and private universities, schools and kindergartens to continue.
- 1 teacher per 5 students educational sessions allowed in educational centers for special needs. All instructors must be vaccinated.
- Training and education centers to operate at 30% capacity. All instructors must be vaccinated.
- Nursery and childcare to open at 30% capacity. All staff must be vaccinated.
5. Business and Leisure
- Shopping malls operate at 50% and children under 12 years old are allowed in. Opening of food courts at 30% capacity, as well as, mosques and toilets.
- Closure of all food courts (takeaway and delivery allowed).
- Allow souqs to operate at 50% capacity, daily. Children under 12 years old are allowed.
- Wholesale markets: to operate at 50% capacity. Children under 12 years old are allowed.
- Allow outdoor dining at 50% capacity for all restaurants, and 30% indoor capacity for vaccinated people only and restaurants that are part of the Qatar Clean program. for restaurants and cafes that meet the conditions determined by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, provided that all customers are fully vaccinated, outoor settings 30% capacity is allowed, while 15% capacity is permitted for indoor settings.
- Opening theaters and cinemas with a capacity of 30% for above 16-year-olds, who must be vaccinated.
- Gym and health clubs to operate at 30% capacity for vaccinated clients. All staff must be vaccinated.
- Outdoor swimming pools to open at 40% capacity and indoor pools at 20% capacity.
- Barbershops and beauty salons to operate at 30% capacity for vaccinated clients. All staff must be vaccinated.
- Theme Parks and leisure centres to operate at 30% capacity in open spaces and at 20% capacity for indoor spaces for vaccinated people.
- Libraries and museums to operate at 50% capacity.
- exhibitions, conferences and fairs will be allowed at 30% capacity.
- 80% of the capacity. Basic business meetings with a maximum of 15 vaccinated people are allowed.
7. Health Sector
- Medical services to be provided in private health care facilities, not exceeding 80% of the capacity of these facilities.
All of these decisions will be effective from Friday, June 18th, 2021.