• Dr. Hassan Al-Derham: Our beloved nation is witnessing a renaissance of sorts that has manifested itself in all fields
• During the past few years, the University has achieved —through continued support from the Board of Regents— an advanced role in international university rankings
• The University provides academic programs that follow high international standards in the undergraduate and postgraduate level
• The University focuses on the production of knowledge as well as international research that distinguishes itself through its impact on ground and addresses the needs of the Qatari community
• Qatar University is a house of expertise that provides various state institutions with academic advice, contributing to public policy
• Qatar University takes it upon itself, to be a force against challenges, and protective of its responsibility towards Qatar
His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar, attended yesterday Qatar University’s (QU) annual graduation ceremony for the Class of 2019, on Monday, 7 October 2019, marking the 42nd batch of students, which includes more than 3220 students, 2468 females and 752 male.
The annual convocation took place in the Sports & Events Complex at QU and includes graduates from a full academic year that comprises Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019.
In his speech on this occasion, President of QU Dr. Hassan bin Rashid Al-Derham, praised the achievements of the State of Qatar under the wise leadership of His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar.
He said, “As we celebrate the 42nd batch of graduates from Qatar University, our beloved nation is witnessing a renaissance of sorts that has manifested itself in all fields. No doubt, this renaissance would not have been achieved without the accumulation of efforts by the sons of our nation and their standing behind our leadership since the time of its founding until present day. Qatar University has the great honor of contributing to this renaissance through successive generations of graduates who now exceed 50,000…Today we celebrate 3,220 sons and daughters of Qatar University on this blessed day, who have succeeded in the building and development of our great nation.”
He added, “During the past few years, the University has achieved —thanks to Allah (SWT)— and the continuous support of our Board of Regents, an advanced role in international university rankings. The university has placed 276 in QS Quacquarelli Symonds Global Rankings and 408 in the Times Higher Education Rankings World University Rankings.”