On Friday, 22 October, the sixth tournament-ready venue for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 will be inaugurated by the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) when Al Thumama Stadium plays host to the 49th Amir Cup Final between Al Rayyan and Al Sadd.
The 40,000-capacity stadium will follow Khalifa International, Al Janoub, Education City, Ahmad Bin Ali and Al Bayt in being declared ready to host the first FIFA World Cup in the Middle East and Arab world.
The venue will also be a prominent host of the FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021, with six matches up to and including the semi-finals stage being played there later this year.
Fans planning to attend Friday’s match, which will kick off at 7 PM, should take note of the following information in order to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.
Book your seat and apply for Fan ID
To ensure entry to Al Thumama Stadium on match day, fans must show their booking confirmation and Fan ID.
To book your seat, follow the below steps:
• Visit tickets.qfa.qa (prices: QAR 20, QAR 50 & QAR 100)
• After booking your seat, apply for mandatory Amir Cup Fan ID by visiting https://ac21.qa/. Fans must upload a passport-style photo
• After applying online, your Fan ID will be delivered for free by Qatar Post to your home address within 48 hours
• Alternatively, you can book your seat and collect your Fan ID from Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) any day between 10 AM and 11 PM
• To collect your Fan ID from QNCC, fans must present their Qatar ID or passport and show their EHTERAZ app to prove they are vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19
Should you require further assistance, please contact Amir Cup Fan ID customer support:
Telephone: (+974) 800 8052
Email: [email protected]
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and security of fans attending the final is of utmost importance.
Fans should note the following:
• Those attending the match must be fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19
• Vaccinated fans must have received their second dose no later than 7 October 2021, while those who caught the virus must have recovered after 21 October 2020
• Fans under the age of 12 are required to take a rapid COVID-19 test in a certified medical centre within 24 hours of the kick-off time. Proof of a negative test result will then need to be shown at the stadium gate on match day
• The COVID-19 test service is not available at QNCC
• Fans must wear a mask at the stadium and adhere to social distancing
Due to the ongoing pandemic, vulnerable groups, regardless of vaccination or infection status, such as the elderly, those with chronic illnesses and children aged three and under, are strongly advised not to attend the match.
Fans can travel to Al Thumama Stadium by car, taxi or public transportation, with the stadium open three hours before kick-off and all stadium car parks open four hours before kick-off. Please arrive early and be prepared to show your Qatar ID and Fan ID on request, while maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask at all times. All fans should plan ahead and allow at least 1.5 hours for travel between transport hubs, car park areas and the stadium.
For fans travelling by public transport, the Fan ID will provide free access to the Doha Metro and bus services to and from the stadium on match day. Fans should arrive at Free Zone Station on the Red Line, where event tournament shuttle and public transport bus services will then take spectators to Al Thumama. Bus operations to and from the stadium will be available from four hours before kick-off until 1.5 hours after the final whistle. Please allow an extra 15 minutes from the metro to the stadium by shuttle bus.
Fans travelling by taxi should arrive at the dedicated taxi zone on Al Madeena Street, located to the east of the stadium.
Fans travelling in their own vehicle should head towards Sabah Al Ahmed Corridor, take the first exit, and follow the signs to reach the designated parking lots. From the Doha Expressway and Rawdat Al Khail Street, fans can exit towards Industrial Area Road, make a U-turn and follow the signs to the general admission parking areas.
The general admission parking areas are located westbound along the section of Sabah Al Ahmed Corridor, between the Doha Expressway Junction and Industrial Area Road Junction, and along the northbound section of Industrial Area Road, between Sabah Al Ahmed Corridor Junction and the Doha Expressway Junction. Follow the signs that lead to the general admission parking areas.
Hospitality ticket holders travelling in their own vehicle from Sabah Al Ahmad Corridor can exit at Al Najma Street before reaching E-Ring Road and following the signs to the designated parking lots. Those taking Doha Expressway should exit at E-Ring Road and make a U-turn before following the signs to the entry gates.
There are two areas designated for hospitality parking. To avoid delay, it is important to ensure you head to the correct parking area that is associated with your hospitality package.
Fans with hospitality box tickets can access the dedicated hospitality box parking area located to the west of the stadium, via the access road located along the northbound lane of the Doha Expressway, between Sabah Al Ahmed Corridor Junction and the E-Ring Road Junction.
Fans with hospitality lounge tickets have dedicated parking available to the north of the stadium, along the westbound lane of E-Ring Road, between Asad Bin Ain Al Furat Street and Musaimeer Street. Follow the signs that lead to the hospitality parking areas.
Dedicated VIP and media parking will be provided to the west of the stadium. Access to this area is via the road located along the northbound lane of the Doha Expressway, between the F-Ring Road Junction and the E-Ring Road Junction. Follow the signs that lead to the VIP and media parking areas.
Source: The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy