The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has issued precautionary guidelines informing the citizens and residents of Qatar on proper usage of disposable gloves and the right way to remove them.
Will wearing gloves protect you against coronavirus?
- No, cleaning your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer for at least 20 seconds offers more protection than wearing gloves.
- You can still pick up the coronavirus infection while wearing gloves if you touch an infected surface and then touch your eyes, mouth or nose.
When should I wear gloves?
MOPH does not recommend using gloves for members of the public, except for specific activities, which are:
- When performing housekeeping activities, such as general cleaning and disinfecting
- When handling food, when providing direct care for a person suspected of having coronavirus, such as handling dirty laundry, washing dishes & tools or handling waste.
How can I make sure I am using gloves safely?
- Wash your hands before and after wearing gloves with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Remove and discard gloves after each use.
- Change gloves if they become torn or heavily contaminated.
- Disposable gloves should never be washed or re-used.
For more information, please visit: MOPH