The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) announced guidelines for quarantine at home for people who have been exposed to coronavirus.
MOPH has conveyed the message through a video and posted home-quarantine guidelines on their official website.
The following are the home-quarantine guidelines:
- A person in home-quarantine must stay in a separate room preferably with an ensuite bathroom. They should avoid contact with other family members or any visitors and use the phone to contact anyone in the house.
- The person should not leave the house. In case of emergencies, they should call 999.
- Only one family member is allowed to provide care to the person in home-quarantine. The caregiver must wear a face-mask and gloves when entering the room, and should dispose of the mask and gloves, and wash their hands immediately after leaving the room. A distance of at least one meter shall be maintained with the caregiver at all times.
- The person in home-quarantine and their caregiver should ensure to wash hands with water and soap frequently for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if water and soap is not available.
- Always wash hands frequently, after coughing or sneezing, before, during and after preparing food, before eating and after going to the bathroom.
- Everyone in the home should wash their hands regularly and avoid touching their face, mouth or nose.
- We must clean and disinfect surfaces and used items at least once a day, not forgetting door handles, toilets, tables, TV remote controls, mobile phones, etc.
- Single-use gloves must be used while cleaning and disposed off immediately. Wash your hands thoroughly after cleaning.
- The clothes of the person under home-quarantine should be washed separately from other family member’s clothes in the house.
For more information about the home-quarantine guidelines, please visit: Ministry Of Public Health.