In line with the continuous preventive measures taken by Qatar to limit the spread of coronavirus, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) has decided to close all commercial activities and services during Eid Al Fitr holidays from 19th May 2020 to 30th May 2020 except key sectors and activities following the state’s preventive and precautionary measures to curb the spread of coronavirus.
- The exceptions from the decision in food and consumer sector are food outlets like shopping complexes for consumable items, supermarkets, groceries, fruits and vegetable shops, restaurants (allowed only delivery services), sweet and chocolate shops and bakeries.
- The exceptions in the health sector are pharmacies, clinics (according to the decisions issued by the Ministry of Public Health in this regards).
- Petrol stations and garages run by the car dealer companies will remain open in the automobile sector.
- The exceptions from the decision in other sectors are industries in all industrial areas, contracting companies and engineering supervisory (allowed to work at construction sites and engineering offices running under it).
- Companies for maintenance (plumber and electric services) will remain open.
- Financial institutions are also exception from the decision according to the circular issued by the Qatar Central Bank.
- Telecommunication companies, companies for delivery services operating through a mobile app, general companies in the hotel sector, companies for logistic services and general companies at ports and airports are exceptional from the decision.