The Ministry of Public Health in a joint press conference with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, announced a four phase plan to gradually lift the COVID-19 restrictions.
Dates of the four phases:
- Phase 1: 28th of May, 2021
- Phase 2: 18th of June, 2021
- Phase 3: 9th of July, 2021
- Phase 4: 30th of July, 2021
Phase 1 restrictions:
- Indoor: 5 vaccinated people maximum. Outdoor: 10 vaccinated people or maximum of 5 mixed people.
- Continuation of daily and Friday prayers. No children under 12 years old allowed.
- Weddings are not allowed in phase 1.
- 30% of the capacity in all public transport, work resume on Friday and Saturday. Close smoking areas.
- Opening driving schools with a capacity of 30%, staff must be vaccinated.
- A maximum of 10 people are allowed to use personal boats (4 unvaccinated among them are allowed). All boat workers must be vaccinated.
3. Outdoors and professional sports
- Allowing preparatory training for local and international tournaments approved by the Ministry of Public Health.
- Holding local and international sporting events and allowing 30% of the spectators, who are vaccinated. No fans allowed in closed spaces.
- Allow outdoor and indoor professional training for amateur training. 10 vaccinated people for open areas and 5 for closed areas.
- Blended Learning in schools at 30% capacity.
- Only 1:5 educational sessions allowed in educational centers for special needs. All instructors must be vaccinated.
- Training and education centers to operate at 30% capacity. All instructors must be vaccinated.
- Nursery and childcare to open at 30% capacity. All staff must be vaccinated.
5. Business and Leisure
- Maintain shopping mall capacity at 30%. Closure of all food courts (takeaway and delivery allowed). Children under 12 years old not allowed.
- Allow souqs to operate at 30% capacity, resume work on Friday and Saturday. Children under 12 years old are not allowed.
- Wholesale markets: to operate at 30% capacity. Children under 12 years old are not allowed.
- Allow outdoor dining at 30% capacity for all restaurants, and 30% indoor capacity for vaccinated people only and restaurants that are part of the Qatar Clean program.
- Opening theaters and cinemas with a capacity of 30% for above 16-year-olds, who must be vaccinated.
- Gym and health clubs to operate at 30% capacity for vaccinated clients. All staff must be vaccinated.
- Outdoor swimming pools to open at 30% capacity and indoor pools at 20% capacity.
- Barbershops and beauty salons to operate at 30% capacity for vaccinated clients. All staff must be vaccinated.
- Theme Parks and leisure centres to operate at 30% capacity in open spaces and at 20% capacity for indoor spaces for vaccinated people.
- Allowing small groups of up to 5 people or members of the same family on open beaches with a capacity of up to 30%.
- Libraries and museums to operate at 30% capacity.
- Postponement of events, conferences, and exhibitions.
- 50% of the capacity. Basic business meetings with a maximum of 15 vaccinated people are allowed.
All of these decisions will be effective from May 28th, 2021.