The Ministry Of Public Health (MOPH) held a press conference on 7th May 2020 discussed the latest developments and updates of the coronavirus situation in Qatar.
Dr Abdullatif Al Khal, Co-Chair of the National Pandemic Preparedness Committee and Head of Infectious Diseases at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) & Dr Ahmed Al Mohammed, Acting Chairman of HMC’s Intensive Care Units explained at the press conference:
- Fluctuation in the daily rate is possible and we expect it to continue before the stage of stability and decline.
- We entered the peak phase a few days ago, and it is expected that the number of cases will increase in the coming days before it stabilizes and then begins to decline.
- The number of recoveries in Qatar from coronavirus continues to grow.
- This week Qatar crossed over 2000 recovery cases.
- Between 8 to 10 people with corona are admitted to intensive care, most of them suffer from chronic diseases and weak immunity.
- Most of the cases are in the age group between 29 and 34, and this reflects the demographics of Qatar and the cases among the elderly are limited.
- We have increased the medical staff, the nursing staff, and the number of beds in the hospitals designated to face coronavirus.
- The peak for those with coronavirus entering intensive care was around 109 cases at the end of April 2020, after which the number began to decrease.
- Care must be more than before to avoid contact with others and not leave the house except when necessary.
For more information, please visit: MOPH