H E Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior chaired the Cabinets regular meeting through video conference.
The Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs, HE Dr Issa bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi, stated the following: At the beginning of the meeting, the Cabinet heard the explanation given by HE the Minister of Public Health on the latest developments to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
The Cabinet affirmed the continuation of the precautionary measures taken previously to combat coronavirus. Cabinet considered the topics on the agenda as follows:
- Approval of a draft law amending some provisions of Law No. 1 of 1986 regarding the registration of pharmaceutical companies.
- Approving a draft law amending some provisions of Law No. 12 of 1998 organising the Central Municipal Council and referring it to the Shura Council.
- Approval of (1) – draft decision by the Minister of Justice to issue rules for the obligations of real estate brokers and notaries empowered with requirements to combat money laundering and terrorist financing. (2) – A draft decision by the Minister of Justice to issue rules for the obligations of lawyers with the requirements of combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Approving the draft decision of the Minister of Commerce and Industry in the executive regulations of Law No.1 of 2019 regulating non-Qatari capital in economic activity. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI)has prepared a draft of that decision within the framework of the implementation of the provisions of Law No. 1 of 2019 referred to.
- Approving the provisions of Law No.24 of 2002 regarding retirement and pensions for some departments.
- Approving an agreement on the mutual exemption from visa requirements for holders of ordinary passports between the governments of the State of Qatar and the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- The Cabinet reviewed the results of the extraordinary meeting of the GCC Committee of Labor Ministers.