HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior chaired the Cabinet regular meeting via video conference on 3rd June 2020.
Here are the key points surrounding the meeting:
- Qatar’s Cabinet affirms the continuation of the precautionary measures taken to combat the epidemic.
- Cabinet amended its decision on determining the work hours of private-sector employees present at their place of work from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Cabinet amended its decision on carrying out sports, without conditions for it to take place near a person’s home and without the need to wear masks, with the importance of taking the necessary precautionary measures avoiding crowding and leaving a safe distance of three meters.
- Cabinet increased the minimum number of people allowed in a vehicle from two to four (including the driver), and made an exception for families.
- Cabinet meeting said that the decision to reduce the number of people transported by buses to half the capacity of the bus will continue.
- Cabinet agrees draft law that amends some provisions of law no. 14 of 2004, which comes in the framework of Qatar’s commitment to increase regulation of health requirements and specifications for workers’ housing, and to enhance the protections for workers’ financial rights.
- Cabinet approved a draft Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for joint cooperation in the field of health between the government of the State of Qatar and the government of Ethiopia.
- Cabinet approved a multilateral Memorandum of Understanding on consultation and exchanging information between regulatory bodies of financial markets in Arab countries who are members of the Union of Arab Securities Authorities.
Source: Qatar News Agency