HE Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani chaired the Cabinet meeting using video conference technology on 22nd April 2020, where the Cabinet decided on several key decisions.
- The official working hours for the holy month of Ramadan were announced as the following:
- The government sector is four hours per day, starting from 9 am until 1 pm.
- The private sector is six hours a day, starting from 9 am until 3 pm.
- The stores for food supplies, pharmacies and restaurants that do delivery services and the contracting sector are excluded from the application of this decision. The Ministry of Trade and Industry, in coordination with the relevant authorities, shall determine the other necessary activities exempted from this decision.
2. Qatar has made wearing of mask compulsory for shopping, people working in the service sector, workers in the construction sector. Shoppers will not be allowed to enter supermarkets without wearing a mask.
The Qatar cabinet after its regular meeting announced that “Shoppers are obligated to wear masks before they enter food and catering stores and during shopping, and those responsible for these shops must take necessary measures not to allow entry to any shoppers who do not.”
Employees and workers in the government and private sectors whose nature of work requires providing services to the public and clients are also required to wear masks while carrying out their duties and tasks, and visitors and clients are required to wear masks, and officials in the government and private sectors must take the necessary measures to prevent entry to any of the visitors or customers other than required.
Workers in the construction sector are also obligated to wear masks while carrying out their duties and tasks, bearing in mind that officials in this sector provide these masks and adhere to the established precautionary measures and measures.
This decision is effective from 26th April 2020, until further notice.