Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) released appropriate steps to disinfecting, washing and storing groceries in our households.
- Use disposable gloves to carry the grocery bags into your house.
- Get rid of plastic bags used to carry the groceries and put them in a separate garbage bag.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces that your bag or produce items have touched (such as the trunk of your car).
- Clean and disinfect all food packages before opening them. Make sure you always do so in a fixed area of your house and that you disinfect this area immediately after your finish.
- Store the fruits and vegetables in clean bags and get rid of the packages they came in.
- Disinfect the vegetables and fruits before consumption with the disinfectants available in the market (tablet or liquid) and dedicated for food products.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Store your food groceries in the appropriate way recommended for the products.