Teachers and adults above 50 years will fall in the second group for Covid-19 vaccination in Qatar. The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) launched a link on their website, where citizens and residents can register their desire to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
As per the website the first group for vaccination includes healthcare workers, all adults above 60 years, essential first responders from Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defense.
- All adults age 60 years and older
- Older adults at long-term care facilities/home care
- People with severe or multiple chronic conditions that put them at highest risk; priority for those 50 years old and above
- Healthcare workers who work at Covid-19 facilities and isolation facilities
- Healthcare workers providing care for patients at in ICU/long-term care facilities/home care
- Essential first responders/workers (EMS Emergency Medical Service, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defense, Oil& Gas Sector)
- Teachers and Healthcare workers at high risk due to age or chronic conditions
- Public Health Teams involved with contact tracing
- All adults 50-59 years old
- Adults of any age who have medical conditions that put them at higher risk of having severe disease
- Any healthcare workers and essential workers
If you fall into one of the two groups then the registration process will take you to a screen where you can choose the health centre from a drop down and also select three preferred dates and time slots. The health centre you chose is not guaranteed unless you receive a confirmation notification on your email.
“Everyone is at risk of getting COVID-19 and developing serious complications from the virus, but certain population groups are at higher risk and it is therefore more important for these groups to receive the vaccine as soon as it is available. Initially, vaccines will be prioritized for certain population groups, but eventually everyone who wants to take the vaccine will be able to,” MoPH said on their website.
The new on-line registration form is available from January 17, 2021, and will allow people who meet the requirements for priority groups will be able to request an appointment to receive the vaccine.
People who are not among the priority categories currently listed can also register their desire to receive the vaccine and their details will be saved by MOPH and they will be sent a notification as soon as they become eligible for the vaccine in the future.