Preparing a delicious nutritious meal can be challenging and tiring, especially during the weekly hustle-bustle. TIQ has jotted down 3 easy meal ideas, that are mouth-watering, quick to prepare and super easy to follow!
When you need hassle-free options in the kitchen, here are easy dinner recipes with lots of healthy, quick and budget-friendly ideas. Get your utensils and chopping board ready, as these recipes will only take you up to 30 mins to prepare!
- Place noodles into a heat-proof bowl and over with hot water. Drain and rinse them under cold water.
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a jug. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil, chicken, prawns, onions and chillies. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns turn pink.
- Add noodles and the lime juice mixture to wok. Toss to combine.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add all veggies of your choice and toss well.
- Finally, spoon the pad Thai onto plates. Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
- Prepare an easy yogurt marinade made from scratch with plain yogurt, fresh garlic and ginger, and easy to find spices such as chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Add chicken to the mixture and marinate for 10 minutes (the longer it marinates, the more tender your chicken will be.)
- Sear chicken in a skillet or pan, with some butter or ghee. Keep those charred bits on the pan to make your sauce.
- Start making your curry/sauce in the same skillet. You’ll need onion, a can of crushed tomatoes, garlic and ginger, and some added spices to continue those beautiful flavours in the sauce.
- After everything is cooked, blend until smooth and add in cream (heavy whipping cream or thickened cream). You can use evaporated milk or half and half for a lower calorie option.
- And that’s it! You’re done – serve over some fresh basmati rice or galic naan!
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch pieces. Add butter to a deep skillet and add the chicken – cook, until the chicken is slightly browned.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for one minute.
- Add uncooked pasta and chicken broth to the skillet.
- Place a lid on the skillet, turn the heat up, and boil the broth.
- Once the pasta is tender and most of the broth absorbed, add milk, cream cheese and pesto.
- Add grated Parmesan and stir until combined.
- Top the pasta with freshly cracked pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper, then serve.
We hope you prepare these delicious and quick recipes, don’t forget to tag @thisisqatar on Instagram, FB, TikTok and @thisisqtr on Twitter and share your recreations of these dishes!
We do not own the images used in this article. Image credits go to the respective owners.